Wednesday, May 14, 2014

rain

so fucking drunk as i type this.

rode in the rain today, on many occasions.  first was this morning to work, which sucked more balls than Sylvia Saint, Rachel Starr, and Susie Diamond combined.   i felt like i had a wet diaper for most of the day.  took an old plastic milk jug and made the most ghetto fender ever, which worked like a fuckin dream!

got home, put on dry clothes, suited up in the "fuck you typhoon, you can't get me" suit, and rode to my friend's house a few miles away for his birthday party, where i ate cake and drank more alcohol thank i should have.  suited up and rode home, and here i am.

here is the thing about rain.  fuck rain.  yeah, i could ride in it, i could be a hard ass. but why?  i'm not training, i'm not racing.  and i have to clean the shit out of my bike afterward.  fuck extra work.

today i rode the fixed gear.  no brakes, no gears, nothing to fuck with. i have to oil my chain tomorrow. no biggie.  if i were to ride my carbon road bike, sure, i might have increased my endurance by .00000000001%, but it would all be lost on the anger and alcohol it took to clean and wash and dry and lube my bike afterward.  fuck that.

i really enjoyed riding tonight.  ensconced in waterproof gear, with plastic grocery bags on my feet keeping my sneakers dry, i was impervious to the elements.  i scoffed at them, i thumbed my nose at them, i gave mother nature the finger and smiled the whole time.  it was wonderful.  also, as stated, i'm drunk, which only enhances my jovial mood.

thing is....no reason to ride in the rain unless you are A: sponsored and training to win because that is your paycheck or B: bundled up and going to a party.

i'm just not the hardass i'l like to be.  and that is ok with me.

i just really like riding bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment