Wednesday, November 12, 2014

a great ride

i feel sort of like shit would feel if shit felt like it was coming down with a sickness, and not down with a sickness like Disturbed sang about.   Today the weather was cold and shitty, it was as if nature flipped the "arctic desert" switch.   it was gray and windy and it felt like a landscape i would see Conan the Barbarian riding along in to slay some Frost Giants.

so we decided to ride.   possibly not the best idea.

the thing is...even though i felt crappy, i rode really really well.  i think it was the magical bike, which i am still madly in love with.  i climbed super strong, and rode better than i have ridden in a while, all the time hacking and coughing and feeling like i am coming down with the 24 hour Ebola.

as i followed Captain Lowballs up a steep rocky hill, on his tail even though he usually drops me like 3rd grade Calculus, i had a strange thought....what if climbing is my strength?  what if i'm built to be a climber?  i fucking HATE climbing.   how ironic would that be?  my strength is something i avoid at all times and despise, yet i'm really really good at it.   i have tried countless times to trick myself into liking climbing.  I have played endless games with my mind.  i honestly thought about going to a hypnotist to hypnotize me into enjoying riding a bike uphill.  

god, what a hilarious joke on me that would be.

no matter, i will drink a hot tea with honey, lemon, and whiskey in it and go to sleep and hopefully sweat out whatever is coming on.   i hope i'm not sick, we have a shop ride next week that should be super awesome and i don't want to miss it.

i love my bike and had a great day on it despite feeling like crap.  now i sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment